Seth Ellis Allusion (from Weathers)


Noticed a feral odor coming from the desk drawer where I've stuck this stuff, and a little scurrying mouse noise. Maybe Jones has become one of those meme things, using Wm P and me for his own dead ends.

I'm the guy with the empty pipe that makes the spitting, "spoit" noise. I'm reading one of the books that Jones recommended (which I never did real in real life).

Spiral-eyed Slick Eddie is being hen-pecked by his oddly elegant and large girl friend.

Wm P wonders.

I think the guy at the bottom is Seth Ellis ("Theth"). He was an English Prof from UNC-Charlotte who Jones used to drink with somewhere along the Plaza. Both my sister ("thither") and I had classes from him.

2 comments:

  1. Slick Eddie's tall girlfriend...good recall. Her name was Glenn or Glynn or Gwen or something like that. Studied to be a gemologist. Very pretty gal.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also had a night course in literature from Ellis sometime in the late sixties. A girl and I were the only two people in the class which seemed to throw Seth off his stride.

    ReplyDelete